2023 Southern California Food Industry Conference
Emerging Trends in Food Technology
March 1, 2023
CERTIFICATION CREDITS AVAILABLE
THANK YOU TO OUR SPEAKERS
|SESSION||TECHNOLOGY AND BEST PRACTICES|
|Leadership in the New Era of Food Safety|
Sean Leighton, Global Vice President of Food Safety, Quality, Regulatory
President-Elect of National IFT
|Food Law-Plastics and Water|
John A. Belcher, Principal
|Re-Tooling Technical Leaders to Lead Food Safety Culture
Jill Stuber and Tia Glave, Co-Founders
|SESSION||FOOD PACKAGING, PLASTICS, AND SUSTAINABILITY|
|Improperly Discarded Plastic Food Packaging|
Jack Cooper, Executive Director
|Bio-based and Biodegradable Alternatives To Plastic in Packaging|
Jessica Bowman, Executive Director
|Fresh Produce and Sustainable Packaging
Jeffrey S. Brandenburg
Q Fresh Lab, Founder
|SESSION||WHAT ABOUT THOSE PLANT-BASED FOODS?|
|The Health Effects of a Plant Based Diet|
Matthew J. Landry, Ph.D., RDN, LDN
|Four Hits and Misses To Labeling Plant-Based Foods|
Debra Tophman, Director & Owner
This program qualifies for Certified Food Scientist (CFS) recertification contact hours (CH). CFS Certificants may claim a maximum of 4.25 CH for their paricipation in this program. For more information, please visit ift.org/certification or email firstname.lastname@example.org
0.6 for ASQ Certified Food Safety and Quality Auditors.
Credits pending for Registered Dieticians and Nutritionists.
SCIFTS extends our thanks and appreciation to the following sponsors of this conference:
- Schedule and speakers are subject to change without notice. Speaker list is current as of January 20, 2023. Organizers may make substitutions at their sole discretion.
- Photography, recording, video-taping, or other digital retention methods by conference attendees is not included in the conference fees nor permitted except for SCIFTS use in promotion of the organization. Contact speakers directly if you wish more information about their topic and if they have handouts available.
- SCIFTS intends to take photo stills and video of this event for use in SCIFT news and promotional material, in print, electronic and other media, including the SCIFTs website. By participating in the virtual event, you grant SCIFTs the right to use any image, photograph, video, voice, or likeness, without limitation, in its promotional materials and publicity efforts without compensation. All media become the property of SCIFTs. Media may be displayed, distributed, or used by SCIFTS for any purpose.
- Neither marketing of products, nor distribution of samples to participants will occur during the educational sessions. Support by our sponsors will be disclosed only only during the lunch break and at the end of the conference.
- Must be present to win raffle prizes.
- Registered Dietitian Nutritionists (RDNs)/Nutrition and Dietetics Technicians, Registered (NDTRs) continuing professional education units pending.
May 17, 2023
September 20, 2023
THANK YOU to our Advertisers
Southern California Institute of Food Technologists Section | P.O. Box 3724, Orange, CA 92857 | 714.282.0919
www.scifts.net | email@example.com